Terms and Conditions
By making a booking, the first named person on the booking agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that he/she:
- has read these terms and conditions and has the authority to and does agree to be bound by them;
- is over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom and where placing an order for services with age restrictions declares that he/she and all members of the party are of the appropriate age to purchase those services;
- accepts financial responsibility for payment of the booking on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking.
Where You make a booking of Travel Arrangements in such a way as to create a “Package Holiday”, We will accept responsibility for that Package Holiday in accordance with the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 (please see clause 2 below for further information as to the circumstances in which We will be acting as a Package Organiser).
As a result of the above, our obligations to You may vary depending upon which Travel Arrangements You book with Us, and We have tried to set them out below as clearly as possible:
(A) Section A of this Agreement contains the conditions that will apply to all bookings;
(B) Section B of this Agreement sets out the extra terms and conditions that will apply when You make a booking with Us, where We act as the Package Organiser.
SECTION A – APPLICABLE TO ALL BOOKINGS
In this Agreement the following words and terms shall have the following meanings:-
Acceptance Dateshall have the meaning given to it in clause 6;
Accommodationmeans Chalet or Apartment;
Agreementmeans the Schedule and these terms and conditions;
Feesmeans the fees payable by the Client set out in the Schedule;
Instructormeans an instructor provided by Us to provide the Services;
Meeting Pointmeans the location at which the Instructor and the Client shall meet at the start of a Session as set out in the Schedule;
Schedulemeans the schedules attached to this Agreement where a Session or Accommodation is being booked and which forms part of this Agreement;
Servicesmeans the provision of: (a) ski instruction Sessions, or (b) Accommodation or (c) both a Session and Accommodation;
Sessionmeans a ski instruction session details of which are set out in the Schedule;
Session Datemeans the date on which a Session is to take place as set out in Schedule 1.
Travel Arrangements means the accommodation and ski services We may provide under this Agreement and other services We feature on our website.
We and Usmeans Pinnacle Ski Limited, a company incorporated in England with company number 11328456and whose registered office is situated at The Old Rectory, Church Street, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 8DE. Other contact details are provided in the Schedule.
Youand Yourmeans the client named in the Schedule together with Your contact details and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made or any other person to whom a booking is added or transferred You agree We may contact You using any of Your contact details set out in the Schedule.
2. Package Holiday bookings
Where Your booking is for a Package Holiday, as defined below You will receive the rights and benefits under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 (“PTRs”), as outlined in Section B of this Agreement.
A “Package Holiday” exists if You book a combination of at least two different types of the following individual travel services, for the purpose of the same trip or holiday:
- transport; or
- accommodation; or
- rental of cars, motor vehicles or motorcycles (in certain circumstances); and
- any other tourist service not intrinsically part of one of the above travel services
provided thatthose travel services are purchased together from a single visit to our website and selected by You before You agree to pay; or are advertised, sold or charged at an inclusive or total price; or advertised or sold under the term “package” or a similar term.
IMPORTANT NOTE:Please note that where You have made a booking which consists of not more than one type of travel service as listed at 2.1 – 2.3 above, combined with one or more tourist services as listed at 2.4above, this will not create a Package Holiday where the tourist services:
- do notaccount for 25%of the value of the combination and are not advertised as, and do not otherwise represent, an essential feature of the package; or
- are selected and purchased afterthe performance of the transport, accommodation or car rental has started.
Where You have booked a Package Holiday, We still act as agent on behalf of the Supplier/Principals of Your chosen Travel Arrangements but We will comply with our legal obligations under the PTRs as Your Package Organiser and these are outlined in Section B of these Booking Conditions. This does not prejudice or otherwise affect our agency status with Supplier/Principals.
3. Session obligations
3.1 Where You have booked a Session with Us, please refer to Schedule 1 for the specific terms applicable to your booking.
4.1 Your contract in respect of the Accommodation is with the Supplier/Principal and its booking conditions apply. As agent, we accept no responsibility for the actual provision of the Travel Arrangements. Our responsibilities are limited to making the booking in accordance with your instructions. We accept no responsibility for any information about the Travel Arrangements that we pass on to you in good faith. However, in the event that we are found liable to you on any basis whatsoever, our maximum liability to you is limited to twice the cost of the commission we earn on your booking (or the appropriate proportion of this if not everyone on the booking is affected).
4.2 We do not exclude or limit any liability for death or personal injury that arises as a result of our negligence or that of any of our employees whilst acting in the course of their employment.
4.3 Please Note: Where you have booked a Package Holiday we will accept responsibility for that Package Holiday as a package organiser and additional terms and condition apply as set out in Section B below.
4.4 Provided the Fees are paid in full and You have obtained insurance in accordance with clause 5.1, We shall:
- provide the Session set out in Schedule 1;
- provide the Session with all due care, skill and attention;
- engage only fully qualified ski instructors to provide the Sessions.
5.1 It is a condition of this agreement that You take out appropriate travel insurance covering You and all members of Your group to include protection against the cost of cancellation by You; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money cover for the costs of emergency removal from the slopes, emergency medical cover and repatriation in the event of injury, and for third party injury.
5.2 You will be required to provide evidence that You have obtained insurance in accordance with the requirements of clause 5.1. If You fail to provide evidence that You have obtained the required insurance, then You will be considered to have cancelled the Session and You will not be entitled to a refund of Fees.
5.3 If You choose to travel without adequate insurance cover, We will be not liable for any losses howsoever arising, in respect of which insurance cover would otherwise have been available.
5.4 You accepts full responsibility for any damage or loss caused by Yourself or any member of Your party, to any Accommodation, property, grounds, vehicles and all equipment. Full payment for any such damage or loss must be immediately made to Us, irrespective of who caused the damage. If You fail to do so, You must indemnify Us against any claims (including legal costs) made against Us as a result of Your actions.
5.5 We expect all clients to have consideration for other people. If in Our reasonable opinion You or any member of Your party behave in such a way as to cause or to be likely to cause, distress, danger or annoyance to any third party (such as other clients, staff, local residents), excessive noise inside the Accommodation or within the Accommodation grounds, or a negative impact on Our reputation, We reserve the right to terminate the holiday of the person concerned without notice.
5.6 In the above situation, our responsibilities towards You will immediately cease and We will not be responsible for meeting any costs or expenses they may incur as a result. We will not make any refunds or pay any compensation to You or Your group involved wishing to curtail their holiday as a result.
5.7 Any persons not booked into the Accommodation can only visit the property with prior notification and with the permission of Us. If You breach these terms and conditions, We reserve the right to refuse to further accommodate You and contractual obligations will be terminated immediately.
6. Fees and Payment Schedule for Sessions
6.1 We shall raise an invoice for the Fees on the Acceptance Date, which shall be payable as follows:
- 10% shall be payable 14 days after the Acceptance Date as a non-refundable deposit, unless the (first) Session Date is less than 6 weeks after the Acceptance Date, in which event it shall be payable immediately;
- 40% shall be payable 6 weeks before the Session Date, or if more than one Session is booked, the first Session Date unless the (first) Session Date is less than 6 weeks after the Acceptance Date, in which event it shall be payable immediately; and
- 50% shall payable 2 weeks before the Session Date, or if more than one Session is booked, the first Session Date unless the (first) Session Date is less than 2 weeks after the Acceptance Date, in which event it shall be payable immediately.
6.2 If You do not make any payment to Us by the due date We may charge interest to You on the overdue amount at the rate of 5% a year above the base lending rate of HSBC Bank Plc from time to time. This interest shall accrue on a daily basis from the due date until the date of actual payment of the overdue amount, whether before or after judgment. You must pay Us interest together with any overdue amount.
6.3 If You do not pay the final instalment payable in accordance with clause 6.1(c)at least 7 days before the (first) Session Date, We may cancel the Session(s) on the grounds You have breached this Agreement and We shall be entitled to the cancellation fees set out in clause 8.1(b).
7. Fees and Payment Schedule for Accommodation
7.1 [Depends on each property, subject to change]
8.1 Session Cancellation Fees
(a) You acknowledge that We will incur costs in advance of the Session and that the later a Session is cancelled, the more difficult it will be for Us to rebook that Session with another client. You accept that the cancellation and postponement charges set out in this clause 7are a genuine pre-estimate of the losses which We will suffer if a Session is cancelled for any reason by You or by Us in the event You breach this Agreement.
(b) If You cancel (a) Session(s) for any reason, or We cancel (a) Session(s) You have breached this Agreement, You will pay to Us immediately a cancellation fee (Cancellation Fee) equal to the following amounts:-
- if cancelled more than 6 weeks before the Session Date, 10% of the Fees;
- if cancelled more than 2 weeks but no more than 6 weeks before the Session Date, 50% of the Fees; and
- if cancelled 2 weeks or less before the Session Date, 100% of the Fees.
(c) If You have paid some or all of the Fees before (a) Session(s) is/are cancelled, We shall reduce the amount of the Cancellation Fee by the amount You have already paid.
(d) If We book a session with another client (Rebooked Session) in lieu of the Session which has been cancelled, We will reduce the Cancellation Fee set out in clause 8.1(b)(ii)or 8.1(b)(iii)by an amount equal to 50% of the Fees received by Pinnacle Ski from the Rebooked Session subject to a maximum payment of any amounts paid by You pursuant to clauses 6.1(b)and 6.1(c).
8.2 Accommodation Cancellation Fees
(a) [Depends on each property, subject to change]
9. Special requests
9.1 If You have a special request, please clearly note it on Your booking form or if after booking, make it in writing.
9.2 A special request will only be binding if We have confirmed in writing that it will be complied with. Therefore, unless We have agreed in writing to provide such a service or facility, failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on Our part.
9.3 If We undertake to pass on requests to suppliers or other service providers (e.g. heli-skiing) We cannot guarantee such requests will be met even if We have confirmed that they have been passed on.
9.4 If You have any medical problem or disability, which may affect Your holiday with Us, You must advise Us in writing at the time of booking giving full details.
9.5 If We reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate Your particular needs, We must reserve the right to decline Your booking, or cancel it, when We find out the full details, if You fail to provide these at the time of booking.
10. DATA PROTECTION
We will gather and use personal data about You. We will gather and use such personal data in accordance with the following principles:
10.1 We will gather and use only such personal data as We need for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to You.
10.2 We will use such personal data solely for the purposes of:-
- fulfilling Our contractual obligations to You, which will include engaging in correspondence, by post, email or text;
- monitoring the way We fulfil Our contractual obligations to You;
- if You provide Your consent, sending out marketing and other materials to You.
10.3 We shall retain Your personal data only for as long as We need to for legal and insurance purposes.
11. Complaints and disputes
11.1 If You have any reason to complain about the Services We provide to You or any other aspect of Your relationship with Us, then You should raise Your complaint with Us as soon as possible, using Our contact details set out in the Schedule. It would be helpful if You could raise Your complaint in writing by letter or email, setting out the basis of Your complaint with as much detail as possible. We will look to acknowledge Your complaint within 24 hours (excluding Saturdays and Sundays) and to try to resolve Your complaint within 7 days of Your raising it, if appropriate, by calling You to discuss Your complaint on the phone.
11.2 If You are not happy with the way We have resolved Your complaint, then You may use alternative dispute resolution. Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without You having to go to court. If You are not happy with how We have handled any complaint, You may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider We use. If You are not satisfied with the outcome You can still bring legal proceedings.
12. Limitation of liability
12.1 We do not in any way limit Our liability to You or any person in Your Group:
- for death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of any of Our Instructors, employees or agents;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- for any losses which are reasonably foreseeable as a result of Our breaching the terms of this Agreement.
12.2 We are not liable to You for any losses You may suffer as a result of anything outside of Our control. This includes any money You may lose in relation to equipment hire, lift passes or travel costs as a result of our cancelling any Services due to weather considerations, traffic conditions, airline strikes, unavailability of slopes or lifts at the resort, the cancellation by Us of a Session due to the illness or injury of the designated Instructor, the unavailability of an alternative Instructor and the effect that any of these may have on the Services. We highly recommend that You take out appropriate insurance cover to cover losses arising out of days lost to skiing for whatever reason.
12.3 We are not liable to You for any business losses You may suffer.
12.4 In the event of any liability being accepted, We shall not be liable for more than the cost of the Accommodation and/or Session. No further compensation will be paid out.
12.5 Your statutory rights are not affected by anything set out in this clause.
13. Documentation & Information
13.1 All descriptions and content on Our website or otherwise issued by Us is done so on behalf of the Supplier/Principal in question are intended to present a general idea of the services provided by the Supplier/Principal. Not all details of the relevant services can be included on our website. All services shown are subject to availability. If You require any further details, in respect of any Travel Arrangements or any other services please contact Us.
13.3 We may transfer Our rights and obligations under this Agreement to another organisation. We will always tell You in writing if this happens and We will ensure that the transfer will not affect Your rights under this Agreement.
13.4 You may only transfer Your rights or Your obligations under these terms to another person if We agree to this in writing.
13.5 This contract is between You and Us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of Us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
13.6 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
13.7 This Agreement is governed by English law and You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in the English courts. If You live in Scotland You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Service in either the Scottish or the English courts. If You live in Northern Ireland You can bring legal proceedings in respect of the Services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
SECTION B: PACKAGE HOLIDAY BOOKINGS
This section only applies to Package Holidays and should be read in conjunction with Section A of these Booking Conditions.
The price of Your Travel Arrangements has been calculated using exchange rates quoted in the “[INSERT NAME OF PUBLICATION]” of [INSERT DATE] in relation to the following currencies: Euro (€), Swiss Franc (CHF) and Pounds Sterling (£).
We reserve the right to amend the price of unsold Travel Arrangements at any time and correct errors in the prices of confirmed Travel Arrangements. We also reserve the right to increase the price of confirmed Travel Arrangements solely to allow for increases which are a direct consequence of changes in:
- the level of taxes or fees applicable to the Travel Arrangements imposed by third parties not directly involved in the performance of the Travel Arrangements, e.g. tourist taxes; and
- the exchange rates relevant to the Travel Arrangements.
You will be charged for the amount of any increase in accordance with this clause. However, if this means that You have to pay an increase of more than 8% of the total price of the confirmed Package Holiday (excluding any amendment charges and/or additional services), You will have the option of accepting the price increase and paying the requested amount, accepting a change to another Package Holiday if We are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality You will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality You will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid to Us, except for any insurance premiums and any amendment charges and/or additional services or travel arrangements not forming part of Your Package Holiday. Should You decide to cancel for this reason, You must exercise Your right to do so within 7 days from the issue date on Your confirmation.
Should the price of Your Package Holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above then any refund due will be paid to You, less an administration fee of £25. However, please note that Travel Arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes may have no impact on the price of Your Package Holiday due to contractual and other protection in place.
There will be no change made to the price of Your confirmed Package Holiday within 20 days of Your departure nor will refunds be paid during this period.
- Transferring Your Package Holiday Booking
If any member of Your party is prevented from travelling on their Package Holiday, that person(s) may transfer their place to someone else, subject to the following conditions:
- that person is introduced by You and satisfies all the conditions applicable to the Travel Arrangements making up the Package Holiday;
- We are notified not less than 7 days before departure;
- You pay any outstanding balance payment, an administration fee of £30 per person transferring as well as any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer; and
- the transferee agrees to these terms and conditions and all other requirements applicable to the Travel Arrangements making up the Package Holiday.
- You and the transferee remain jointly and severally liable for payment of all sums.
If You are unable to find a replacement, cancellation charges as set out will apply in accordance with clause 3 & 4. Otherwise, no refunds will be given for passengers not travelling or for unused services.
- If You Cancel Your Package Holiday due to Unavoidable & Extraordinary Circumstances
If You have booked a Package Holiday, You have the right to cancel Your confirmed Package Holiday before departure without paying a cancellation charge in the event of “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” occurring at Your holiday destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of the Package Holiday or significantly affecting transport to the destination. In these circumstances, We shall provide You with a full refund of the monies You have paid but We will not be liable to pay You any compensation.
Please note that Your right to cancel in these circumstances will only apply where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advises against travel to Your destination or its immediate vicinity.
For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” means warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely to the travel destination.
- If We Change or Cancel Your Package Holiday
Where you have booked a Package Holiday and the Supplier/Principal makes a significant change to or cancels the Travel Arrangements which form your Package Holiday, the provisions of this clause 4will apply.
- Changes:If We and/or if the Supplier/Principal make an insignificant change to Your Travel Arrangements, We will make reasonable efforts to inform You as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before Your departure but We will have no liability to You. Examples of and insignificant change includes a change of accommodation to another of the same or higher standard.
Occasionally We and/or the Supplier/Principal may have to make a significant change to Your confirmed Travel Arrangements. ”Examples of “significant changes” include the following, when made before departure:
- A change of accommodation area for the whole or a significant part of Your time away.
- A change of accommodation to that of a lower standard or classification for the whole or a significant part of Your time away.
- Cancellation:We and/or the Supplier/Principal will not cancel Your Travel Arrangements less than 60 days before Your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by You to pay the final balance. We and/or the Supplier/Principal may cancel your Travel Arrangements before this date if, e.g., the minimum number of clients required for a particular Package Holiday or service forming part of that Package Holiday is not reached.
If We and/or the Supplier/Principal have to make a significant change or cancel Your Travel Arrangements, We will tell You as soon as possible and if there is time to do so before departure, We will offer You the choice of:
- (for significant changes) accepting the changed Travel Arrangements; or
- having a refund of all monies paid; or
- accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable or higher standard if available (at no extra cost); or
- if available, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of a lower standard, with a refund of the price difference between the original Travel Arrangements and the alternative travel arrangements.
You must notify Us of Your choice within 7 days of our offer. If We do not hear from You within 7 days, We will contact You again to request notification of Your choice. If You fail to respond again We will assume that You have chosen to accept the change or alternative travel arrangements.
- InsuranceIf We and/or the Supplier/Principal cancel or makes a significant change and You accept a refund, We will provide a full refund of Your travel insurance premiums if You paid them to Us and can show that You are unable to transfer or reuse Your policy.
In addition to a full refund of all monies paid by You, We will pay You compensation as detailed below, in the following circumstances:
- If, We make and/or the Supplier/Principal a significant change, You do not accept the changed Travel Arrangements and cancel Your booking;
- If We and/or the Supplier/Principal cancel Your booking and no alternative Travel Arrangements are available.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will not pay You compensation in the following circumstances:
- where Weand/or the Supplier/Principal make an insignificant change;
- where We makea significant change or cancel Your Travel Arrangements more than 60 days before departure/start date;
- where We and/or the Supplier/Principalmakea significant change and You accept those changed Travel Arrangements or You accept an offer of alternative Travel Arrangements;
- where We and/or the Supplier/Principal have to cancel Your Travel Arrangements as a result of Your failure to make full payment on time;
- where the change or cancellation by Usand/or the Supplier/Principal arises out of alterations to the confirmed booking requested by You;
- where We and/or the Supplier/Principal areforced to cancel or change Your Travel Arrangements due to Force Majeure.
If We and/or the Supplier/Principal areunable to provide a significant proportion of the Package Holiday that You have booked after You have departed, We will, if possible, make alternative Travel Arrangements for You at no extra charge and where those alternative Travel Arrangements are of a lower standard, provide You with an appropriate price reduction.
- Our Responsibilities in Respect of Package Holidays
- Where you have booked a Package Holiday where we are acting as a Package Organiser, although we still act as agent for the Supplier/Principals of your chosen Travel Arrangements and your contract will be with the Supplier/Principals, we will accept responsibility for the Travel Arrangements making up your Package Holiday as an “organiser” under the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 as set out below. As such, we are responsible for the proper provision of all the Travel Arrangements included in your Package Holiday, as set out on your confirmation invoice. Subject to this Agreement, if we or the Supplier/Principals negligently perform or arrange those Travel Arrangements and we don’t remedy or resolve your complaint within a reasonable period of time, and this has affected the enjoyment of your Package Holiday you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both. The level of such compensation will be calculated taking into consideration all relevant factors such as but not limited to: following the complaints procedure as described in these Booking Conditions and the extent to which ours or our employees’ or the Supplier/Principal’s negligence affected the overall enjoyment of your Package Holiday. Please note that it is your responsibility to show that we or the Supplier/Principals have been negligent if you wish to make a claim against us.
- We will not be responsible or pay You compensation for any injury, illness, death, loss, damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description if it results from:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected; or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party unconnected with the provision of the services forming part of Your Package Holiday and which were unavoidable and extraordinary; or
- an event or circumstances outside of our control as set out in clause [16.2].
- We limit the amount of compensation We may have to pay You if We are found liable under this clause to the cost of the Accommodation and/or Session. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and You or Your party has not received any benefit at all from Your booking.
- It is a condition of our acceptance of liability under this clause that You notify any claim to ourselves strictly in accordance with the complaints procedure set out in these conditions.
- Where any payment is made, the person(s) receiving it (and their parent or guardian if under 18 years) must also assign to ourselves or our insurers any rights they may have to pursue any third party and must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance We may reasonably require.
- Please note, We cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss or expense or other sum(s) of any description:
- which on the basis of the information given to Us by You concerning Your booking prior to our accepting it, We could not have foreseen You would suffer or incur; or
- relate to any business.
- We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which were not included on Your booking confirmation or where they are not advertised in our brochure / on our website. For exampleany excursion You book whilst away, or any service or facility which Your hotel or any other supplier agrees to provide for You.
- Where it is impossible for You to return to Your departure point as per the agreed return date of Your Package Holiday, due to “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances”, We shall provide You with any necessary accommodation (where possible, of a comparable standard) for a period not exceeding three nights per person. Please note that the 3-night cap does not apply to persons with reduced mobility, pregnant women or unaccompanied minors, nor to persons needing specific medical assistance, provided We have been notified of these particular needs at least 48 hours before the start of Your Package Holiday. For the purposes of this clause, “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” mean warfare, acts of terrorism, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of serious disease at the travel destination or natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes or weather conditions which make it impossible to travel safely back to Your departure point.
- Insolvency Protection for Package Holiday Payments
We provide financial security for Package Holidays by way of insurance via MPI Brokers of West House, 19-21 West St, Haslemere GU27 2AB.
If You book Travel Arrangements that don’t form part of a Package Holiday Your monies will not be financially protected. Please ask Us for further details.
- Visa, Passport and Health Requirements
It is your responsibility to check and fulfil the passport, visa, health and immigration requirements applicable to your itinerary. We can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates and your own doctor as applicable. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure.
Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, you should check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/citizenship/passports.For European holidays you should obtain a completed and issued form EHIC prior to departure.
Non British passport holders, including other EU nationals, should obtain up to date advice on passport and visa requirements from the Embassy, High Commission or Consulate of your destination or country(ies) through which you are travelling.
We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel, or incur any other loss because you have not complied with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities. You agree to reimburse us in relation to any fines or other losses which we incur as a result of your failure to comply with any passport, visa, immigration requirements or health formalities.
- Prompt Assistancefor Package Holidays
If You have booked a Package Holiday and whilst You are on holiday, You find Yourself in difficulty for any reason We will offer You such prompt assistance as is appropriate in the circumstances. In particular, We will provide You with appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance, and with distance communications. Where You require assistance that is not owing to any failure by Us, our employees or sub-contractors, We will not be liable for the costs of any alternative Travel Arrangements or other such assistance You require. Any Supplier/Principal, airline or other transport supplier may however pay for or provide refreshments and/or appropriate accommodation and You should make a claim directly to them. Subject to the other terms of this Agreement, We will not be liable for any costs, fees or charges You incur in the above circumstances, if You fail to obtain our prior authorisation before making Your own Travel Arrangements. Furthermore, We reserve the right to charge You a fee for our assistance in the event that the difficulty is caused intentionally by You or a member of Your party, or otherwise through Your or Your party’s negligence.
Schedule 1 – Session
1. We shall provide Ski instruction at the Session(s) specified in this Schedule 1. The Schedule sets out the date and time of the Session, the Meeting Point at which the Session will commence, the Instructor nominated to lead the Session and the number and ages of the persons in the Client’s group, if there is more than one person in the Client’s group.
2. If the Instructor nominated in the Schedule is unable for reasons beyond Our control to lead a Session, then We shall use our best endeavours to allocate another Instructor to lead the Session and will give You as much notice as possible of any such change. A change of Instructor shall not entitle You to cancel the Session and claim a refund of the Fees. If We are unable to allocate another Instructor such that the Session has to be cancelled, then You may either:
a. rebook another Session on a date and at a time convenient to both parties; or
b. request a refund of the Fees less the 10% non-refundable deposit.
3. If You do not turn up at the Meeting Point within 60 minutes of the start time of the Session, the Instructor shall be entitled to assume that You do not wish to proceed with the Session. You shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees.
4. If, in the opinion of the Instructor in his absolute discretion, the weather or skiing conditions at the Meeting Point are unsuitable for the Instructor to proceed with a Session at that location, the Instructor shall attempt to find another location where conditions are suitable for the Session to proceed or to postpone the Session until such time as conditions improve sufficiently. If the Session has to be cancelled because the Instructor is unable to find a suitable alternative location or to lead a postponed Session, then You may either:
a. rebook another Session on a date and at a time convenient to both parties; or
b. request a refund of the Fees less the 10% non-refundable deposit.
5. In providing the Session, the Instructor shall place the welfare and safety of You and any member of the Your group as his foremost priority. In doing so, the Instructor shall have the final decision with regards to all matters during the Session and in particular relating to the safety of You and members of the Your group, including:-
a. the suitability of the weather and snow conditions for skiing;
b. the difficulty of the pistes or off-piste areas on or in which to ski;
c. and in doing so shall take into account the age, ability and experience of You and other members of Your group.
6. The Instructor may in his discretion change any aspect of the Session as set out in the Schedule in the interests of ensuring the safety of You and any member of the Your group.
7. You acknowledge that skiing is an inherently dangerous sport and that skiers are liable to an increased risk of death or personal injury on the slopes. Accordingly You will, and will make sure that all members of Your group will:-
a. listen carefully to the Instructor’s instructions;
b. make every effort to follow the Instructor’s instructions;
c. accept the Instructors’ decisions as final, particularly insofar as they relate to safety.
8. If You or any of member of Your group fails to follow the Instructor’s instructions or refuses to accept the Instructor’s decisions, then the Instructor may terminate the Session or require an individual to leave the Session without refund or rebate of the Fees.
- We make no guarantees as to how much Your skiing will improve during Your Sessions or over a course of Sessions.